Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Keep playing

I'm switching my posts to English. I've debugged a lot, especially the compiler and parse. Some crashes related to unclosed arrays expressions, eg: [1,2; (missing ']') that in some particular cases caused crashes in the parser were fixed. In GyroGears I've added two new features:
  • multi-select when searching that will allow to select multiple items when advanced searching
  • read-only fields - fields that cannot be edited by the user
I'm often asked why I do Concept Application Server and GyroGears for free, and I'm not sure I have an answer for that. Apparently is a non-purpose action... but not for me. Is fun, and I'm playing !
I was just thinking the other day about what "being a man" is supposed to be. Is maybe a standard imposed by women in order to gain something in return ? Maybe the "being a boy" is incompatible with the woman's essence.
Playing, seen as activities with no monetary value:
  • whistling just for fun
  • climbing a mountain or even a hill just for the view
  • coding software just for fun
  • walking, running just for the fun of it
  • singing with no audience
  • playing hide and seek with your cat
  • being happy when you're broke
  • playing with toy-boats in the bathtub
  • dreaming
Manhood as defined by average woman:
  • being a provider
  • worrying
  • stop dreaming, stop playing
So, let's play!
Today I'm getting older - I'm 33 (3 x 3 x 3 = 27 not yet 33 !) years now, and I continue playing.

No comments: